Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Elliott's First Trip to the Dentist

The weather has continued to be beautiful around here, and we are trying to enjoy every minute of it. On Monday, it got up to 68 degrees! It was a little windy, but other than that it was gorgeous out. Emma had gymnastics, so while John and Emma were there, Elliott and I had a Dairy Queen date, and then we went to Falls Park to check out the lights.

It was so nice to be able to enjoy the lights by walking around and not freezing to death. Elliott ran around the entire park, climbed and jumped on all the rocks, and just generally wore himself out. He loved looking at all the lights. We also went to the top of the tower to look at everything, and he thought that was pretty special.

He especially liked the bridges and looking at all the waterfalls. It was a great little mommy and Elliott trip, and he sure seemed to enjoy it. I also love seeing all the Christmas lights in the park, and hope to get back a couple more times, hopefully with some snow the next time around to really put me in the holiday spirit.

Yesterday, I took the day off from work to have a catch up day, and to bring the kids to the dentist. This was Elliott's first trip to the dentist, and he did absolutely awesome. He was a little intimidated at first, so he watched his big sister go first (who was also a rock star). After watching, he was very ready to go. He sat in the chair, opened his mouth, and let them do the entire exam. It was awesome. I was so proud of him!

After the kids, it was my turn to go, and luckily they have a great kids section at the Dentist, and the kids were more than happy to be entertained during my part of the exam. Everyone's teeth looked good and all in all it was a great trip to the dentist!

Today, I had a surprise day of work off. Apparently, a water main broke at work, and they had to shut down the entire Prairie Center. Not good for Avera. But, it was kind of nice to have an extra day off. I made a Costco Trip, and caught up on some things around the house. Also, I just took some time to cuddle up and read a book, it was great. I guess tomorrow I am going to work at 9am, and we will find out if we can work tomorrow afternoon or not. I never expected to have this problem at work, hopefully I can get back to it soon!

Falls Park 






No comments:

Post a Comment