Sunday, November 11, 2018

Build a Bear/Minnesota Trip.

Here we are in the middle of November already, and I'm not sure how that happened. Thanksgiving is less than 2 weeks away!

These past couple of weeks have been pretty busy again. We always seem to be doing something. Right now, we are in the middle of a cold spell, which isn't very fun. We've had some lows in the single digits and highs in the teens, which is way too cold for the beginning of November if you ask me. Luckily, the snow has pretty much stayed away so far.

Last weekend, my parents came to visit since we hadn't seen them for a little while. It was a nice quiet weekend of spending some time together. We went out to eat for lunch and then we went to a Stampede Game in the evening. My parents had never been to a hockey game before, and I think they really enjoyed it. Dyllan, Lizz, and Reese were also there, and they ended up coming to sit by us during the game.

On Sunday, we went to church in the morning, and my parents left in the early afternoon so dad could go home and hunt some deer. In the evening. we went to Red Lobster with Jim and Barb for some endless shrimp. Yum!

This past week was pretty quiet. We had parent/teacher conferences at school on Tuesday evening, and all the teachers said Emma is a really good student. There are a few things she can work on, but overall they all enjoy having her and she is doing really well in all her classes. We are a couple of proud parents. We took the kids to Dairy Queen afterwards to celebrate.

On Thursday, I took the kids to the mall after work to look for snow boots for Emma. I didn't find her any boots, but we happened to walk by the Build a Bear store, and the kids lost their mind. They were super adorable and excited to get a bear, so I found a couple of bears that were two for $35, and I broke down and let them each get one. Emma picked out a kitty (of course) and Elliott picked out a hot wheels bear. They were really cute when they got to help make them, and they both love their bears. I felt like a little bit of a sucker, but we decided it is part of their Christmas present, and it was a fun experience.

This past weekend, John went hunting in the hills with his family, so I took the kids to Mankato to visit Rachel for the weekend. Mom also met up with us there. On Saturday, we all went to Baker's Square for lunch, and then we went to the Children's Museum in Mankato. It was a pretty fun trip to the museum, except that Elliott lost his shoe in the big jungle gym tree, and we spent a good 45 minutes looking for it. Then, we found it on a tall support beam up in the celing. We still aren't sure how it got there. But, we eventually got it down.

We stayed until the museum closed at 4pm, and then we went back to Rachel's house and enjoyed visiting while the kids played. In the evening, Rachel and I went to a Dueling Pianos event for Rachel's work. Carlos didn't really want to go, so she took me instead. It was pretty fun, and there was a ton of free food, so it was a win. Carlos and Mom watched the kids while Rachel and I had a fun night out.

Today was a lazy day. We spent most of the morning just visiting and playing with the kids. We left to go back home at around noon. I spent most of the afternoon catching up on things at home, and playing with and bathing the kids. John got home at around 7pm. The kids are tucked in for the night, and it's finally quiet.

I have the day off from work tomorrow, so I get to go to Emma's Veteran's Day program at school. The kids sing some songs and there is some breakfast as well. I never get to go to these things, so I am excited. Then, I'm doing fun day-off things like an oil change, haircut, and going to the gym.

I'm feeling pretty tired right now, so I'm going to call it a night. Happy Veteran's Day!


Building a bear. 



The finished products. 

Elliott's shoe 


Passed out little girl. 


And I voted last Tuesday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment