Sunday, November 18, 2018

Making Lefse.

This past week flew by in another blur. On Monday, Emma's school celebrated Veteran's Day by having a very nice Veteran's Day program at school. I had the day off from work, so I helped serve some food and took Elliott to the program. It was nice to see Emma sing some songs, and it was a very nice program to honor some of the Veterans of our congregation. After everything was cleaned up, I took Elliott to get a haircut, and then dropped him off at daycare so I could run some errands.

The rest of the week was so crazy, that we didn't have supper together as a family of four for the entire rest of the week. Between meetings, happy hours, outing with friends, and vendor parties, it was a busy week. I took both kids to a vendor party at Polzins' house on Tuesday evening, and the kids had a really good time playing with all the toys and kids. And I had fun buying Pampered Chef things. I also won a door prize, so that was fun.

On Friday evening, I went out with some girls from work to see the band Sugar Daddy at the Legion. It was a pretty fun evening, and the band was really good. But, we stayed out until about 1 am, and my butt was dragging the next day.

Yesterday, we spent most of the day making Lefse. Barb had some family over, along with us, and we all helped make some Lefse. It was a learning experience for everyone, but we ended up getting the hang of it by the end of the day. We made 12 dozen bags of Lefse. It was a long afternoon, but it was pretty fun.

Today was a fun day. After church, we took the kids to the move "The Grinch" at the movie theatre. The kids loved it, and it was a really cute movie. Afterwards, we ran a couple errands at Sam's Club and HyVee and then headed for home. We spent the rest of the evening doing crafts, playing games, and Emma and I even did some fingernail polish. After a crazy week, it was a nice day to spend together as a family.

Right now, we are watching the Vikings struggle against the Bears in Sunday Night Football. Typical Vikings fashion. But on a positive note, we are heading into Thanksgiving week, and I love this time of year!!







No comments:

Post a Comment