Monday, August 17, 2020

10 Years!!

 This past Friday, John and I celebrated our 10 year Anniversary. It's pretty hard to believe that we have been married for 10 years already. Where does the time go?

10 years ago, we were sweating it out in a small country church in Minnesota. It was a heck of a hot day, and our little church had no air conditioning. So, we sweated. But what a beautiful, wonderful day it was. There were a few bumps in the road, but overall everything went pretty smoothly. 

The reception was a ton of fun, and I am so happy that we decided on a live band. That made for a really fun evening. I think I danced pretty much the whole night, and my feet hurt so bad by the end of the night!

Being married has been pretty amazing as well. I am lucky enough to be married to a handsome, sweet, sensitive, caring man. He may not always remember where he put things, or to pick up the house, but he always cares about my feelings, makes sure I know he loves me, and is willing to help me with anything I need. And he gives the BEST foot rubs. 

I'm also lucky to be married to someone so adventurous. He is always willing to try new foods, travel, go see a broadway show or musical, go to a concert, and attend basically any sporting event. I don't think there's much of anything he isn't willing to try or do. He's also a really good sports-watching partner. We have watched a lot of Twins games together, and we enjoy cheering them on, and bitching about them when they drive us crazy. Ditto with the Vikings and Jackrabbits. 

We are also blessed to have two wonderful children that we love to death. Even when they are naughty. Like tonight, when our kids played with paint in the neighbors driveway tonight and ruined their clothes and stained the neighbors driveway. So, they got yelled at and put to bed. We still love them, but man can they drive us crazy!

What I'm trying to say, is that it has been a great 10 years. I definitely married the right guy. We have our moments just like any other couple, but overall we are pretty level-headed and love being married to each other. 

We didn't really get to celebrate yet. We went camping with the kids and Jim and Barb this last weekend, so we had a lot of good family time together. But, Emma and Elliott will be on the farm next Monday and Tuesday, so John and I are already planning our date night get-away. 

Cheers to many more years of wedded bliss. Love you John!



No comments:

Post a Comment