Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Wedding Plans

So, I have gotten a lot of wedding planning done in the past week. My sister came to visit me and we went and ordered her bridesmaid dress. Then we did some heavy duty shopping in Sioux Falls and I got my bridesmaids' gifts, paid for and picked up my invitations, and picked out the jewlery for my bridesmaids.

Today I had my dress fitting for the wedding. You can basically spend as much or as little as you want on these fittings. Luckily my dress fits me pretty well, so all I needed done was to have my halter straps tightened and of course I needed my dress hemmed since I am a whopping 5'5". Then we worked on the bussle of the dress, and I just went with a basic up and over bussle. So $180 later we were all finished up. I have a final fitting at the end of May, and then me and my dress are officially ready for the wedding.

I also talked to a person who bakes wedding cakes today and I am meeting with her in May to discuss cake options and what we want to have done. It is four months until my wedding and everything is falling into place nicely. Don't get me wrong though, there is still a lot left to do.

We still have to work on getting tuxes picked out, work on our wedding program, pick out my fiance's ring, get our marriage license, and work on our marriage counseling packet before our next counseling session. So, there is still plenty left to do. And of course, plan the rehersal dinner, decorations, etc, etc. I don't know if one is ever done planning a wedding to be honest. However, slowly and surely I am getting both the big and small things done. I am very excited for August 14, 2010, but I think I will breathe a little sigh of relief when that day is over as well.

Once again, Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment