Saturday, May 11, 2013

A day at the park

So, Emma was born at the beginning of a very hot summer. She was too little and it was too hot to spend much time outside with her last summer. Then, during the fall I headed back to work, so that was a huge transition for us all in itself. Then winter came, and lasted way longer than it should of.

The other day I realized that I had never brought Emma to the park. Like ever. Never put her on a swing, never went down a slide with her.

I bet you can guess what we did yesterday when the weather was so nice. Yep. Off to the park we went. My mom was also in town to babysit Emma because John was out of town at a work conference and I had a nursing function on Thursday evening. But on Friday, it was a gorgeous day, and I decided that it was finally time to bring Emma to the park.

We headed to Terrace Park, which is pretty close to home, and checked out the swings. Emma had a good time with her first swinging experience. She was kinda tired during the whole thing, so she's a little expressionless in the pictures, plus she just tends to be that way with new experiences, it's like she's concentrating on the new event.

After the swings, we went down the slide a couple of times, and then we finished up our park adventure with a long stroller ride.

It was a beautiful spring day, and it was awesome to finally bring Emma to the park. I plan to make the trip many more times!








No comments:

Post a Comment