Thursday, May 16, 2013

My First Mother's Day

This blog post is a little out of order since Mother's Day was before Emma turned 11 months, but here it is anyway.

Technically, I did have a Mother's Day last year, but Emma wasn't quite with us yet, and we didn't really celebrate at all.

This year Mother's Day was pretty fun! Emma made a little tile at daycare with her handprint on it. It is adorable and I love it.


John got me a beautiful mother's necklace that has Emma's birthstone in it, and I can add birthstones in the future as well. I love it, and it is exactly what I wanted.

We spend Mother's Day together, which is all I wanted. We ate lunch at Hy-Vee (after church) and then headed out to Barb's Greenhouses to pot our flowers. We had a great time, and got all our planters filled.

We also decorated some planters for the Grandmothers. We decorated the planters with butterflies made from Emma's footprints. Emma was a little weirded out with the whole process, but I think they turned out pretty well.


 Emma loved being out at the Greenhouse, and provided some good entertainment for all the customers. She also ate some sand in the sandbox. It was a great time had by all.

I had a wonderful Mother's Day, and the best part was just being able to spend it with my husband and daughter-who I am so grateful to have in my life. I feel so blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment