Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend 2013

Well, Memorial Day has come and gone. I can't believe how fast this year is going! I had to work a lot of Memorial Day weekend, so we didn't do anything too exciting.

On Saturday, it was absolutely gorgeous outside, so we spent the day outside as much as we could. We ran some errands around town, and then spent some time at the park with Emma. We put her in a baby swing and she loved it! I think she could swing away all day long. We also went down some slides with her, but she wasn't too into that. We also just spent some time sitting in the grass and hanging out. That little munchkin loves being outdoors. She is definitely a summer baby!!!

Emma and Dad on the slides- Emma's newest thing is waving

Nothing says style like a pacifier and sunglasses

Playing in the grass

Snack time

I worked all day on Sunday, and John and Emma spent time bumming at home. They also spent some time with John's parents running some errands around town. I also worked part of Memorial Day, so John and Emma went to Brookings to hang out with John's grandparents and aunts and uncles. 

I missed these two during those two days. It has been quite a while since I have spent basically two whole days away from them. It was kind of nice having the house to myself for a few hours, but I missed them! 

With all that working over the weekend, I had today off. I took full advantage of it too. It started off as a cloudy, cool day, but in the afternoon the sun came out and it got up to around 75 degrees. I decided it was time to get Emma's pool out. 

It was maybe a little chilly for a dip in the pool, but I filled the pool with luke-warm water and Emma had a blast. By the time she was done playing and got out she was pretty cold, but I think it was worth it. 

Little Bikini

This playing is serious stuff

So excited!!


Haha, this one was too funny not to post

We ended the day by visiting the zoo. With our membership, and the zoo being so close, it's just so easy to wander around the zoo for an hour or so. The weather was perfect, and there were hardly any people at the zoo, so it was a great experience!

Needless to say, Emma was pooped by the time we got back home. Basically, it was play with dad, bathtime, eat, go to bed. She is sacked out in her crib right now. 

Last but not least, a huge Thank You to all the military members who have served this country, past and present. It is because of these people, and their sacrifices, that we can enjoy our freedoms and have fun weekend like this!!

It was a great Memorial Day Weekend, and a great start to the summer. Let's hope summer doesn't go by too fast!!


No comments:

Post a Comment