Monday, July 22, 2013

Emma's Second 1st Birthday Party

That's sort of a confusing title isn't it? Well, after our trip to Duluth, we headed back to my parent's house and had a celebration on Saturday out at my parent's shop. There were quite a few milestone birthdays this summer, so we just decided to celebrate them all at once.

My sister turns 30 later this month, my aunt Janel turns 40, my grandma turned 75, and Emma turned 1. We held a little get-together for all of them, and it was really a good time. It was nice to see everyone on my side of the family and hang out and visit for a while.

Emma did really well at the party. She got some good naps in before heading out to the shop, and she had Jenna, Trevor, and Kyle to entertain her for most of the afternoon. And she got spoiled with present again:

Uncle Ryan- got her a tug boat to play with at bath time and a ball-popping toy she loves
Aunt Rachel- got her a battery operated whale that sprays water and an umbrella stroller
Grandma and Grandpa Kiecker- a riding toy, clothes, -they buy her stuff all the time
Great Aunts and Uncles- shovel and pain, outdoor toys, play smart phone

Auntie Rachel also made Emma a smash cake. This smash cake went about the same as her first one. She made a little bit of a mess, but mainly she was tired and a little cranky during cake time.

It was a great party. At about 8:00 pm I left with Emma to go to my parent's and giver her a bath and get her in bed. She was tuckered out by the end of the day. Everyone else got home around midnight.










Sunday, we went to church (which it was nice to see everyone there, it had been a while since we had saw everyone there). Then we ate lunch, and headed back home. Emma traveled very well back to Sioux Falls, I think we tired her out enough that she was content to just sit still and enjoy the ride.

This past week of work has been absolutely crazy! I put in 45 hours last week, and yesterday I worked 16 hours. So, I have not gotten to see Emma or John much at all this past week. The life of a nurse. Hopefully this next week will be a little tamer.

P.S. How crazy is it that it is the end of July already?? Can summer please slow down, just a little bit?!

No comments:

Post a Comment