Saturday, August 24, 2013

Sickness- Again

Unfortunately, Emma does not feel very good again. And the weekend started off so good!! My sister came to town yesterday, and she watched Emma while John and I went to a television taping of a radio show called Rock Garden Tour. It was okay, they made me laugh a couple times, and it was nice to have an evening out with the husband.

Today, John is shooting a wedding of one of my nursing school classmates. Rachel, Emma, and I went out to eat at Olive Garden for lunch and then ran a couple of errands around town. Emma was acting fine and doing well during our outing, and when we got home we put her in her crib to take a nap.

When Emma woke up, she was hot. I mean, burning up, on fire, hot. Her temp was 104.3, and she was feeling absolutely miserable. I gave her some tylenol, cuddles, and TLC. About an hour later, the temp finally fell to around 101, but Emma still feels pretty crummy.

Needless-to-say, instead of heading out to a wedding for some fun, we are spending the evening cuddling and keeping medicated. Right now, she is sleeping, and I hope she starts feeling better soon.

Poor sick Emma. On top of everything else, Emma is teething. She's got at least two new teeth coming, so she is a snotty, miserable, crabby, mess. I love her to death, but she needs to get better, for everyone's sake.

On an unrelated note, it is supposed to be hot and miserable here for the next couple weeks. I am talking about heat indexes in the triple digits, and very hot and humid. I am ready for some 70s and fall-like temps, guess I will be waiting a while...

Hope everyone is having a more enjoyable weekend than us!

No comments:

Post a Comment