Saturday, June 7, 2014

Girls Day


Emma and I had an action packed day today. While daddy's away, the girls will play. Or something like that.

Our day started off bright and early at exactly 6:10 am with Emma-the-human-alarm-clock yelling for my attention. We started off with some breakfast, and played in the basement for a little while. After that, we really didn't spend much time at home at all.

We left home at around 8:00 am and we headed to the Farmer's Market down by the Falls. It was down right cold today. It was about 53 degrees, windy, and cloudy during this visit. Luckily, I knew the weather was supposed to be cold so I dressed us both accordingly.

We shared a cinnamon roll and bough a load of banana bread at the Farmer's Market, otherwise we just spent a lot of time looking around, getting ideas for next time.

After the Farmer's Market, we went to the zoo for Zippity Zoo Day. The zoo puts this on every year, and they have inflatables, face paintings, zoo keeper talks, games, and some free food. This was a really fun visit, but it was pretty darn cold.

Emma loved the inflatables, even though she would get stuck in them once and a while and then kinda freak out. She is just a little bit too young for those still. We also did a face painting which went really well. Emma also fed some goats, and she loved every minutes of it. The rest of the time was spent seeing the rest of the animals. We left for home at around 11:00, and Emma took a much-needed hour and a half nap.







Emma's flower face painting 





In the afternoon, we headed to the Washington Pavillion and went to the Kirby Science Museum. It was pretty fun, and it had a lot of activities appropriate for Emma's age. She had a blast getting into everything. I actually bought a membership, so I plan to bring her back a few times :)

Spaghetti for lunch :)

Loving the water table at the Science Museum

Blocks :)

Having fun

My adorable date for the day

This is what happens now when we tell Emma to "say cheese" 

I had a great day with the little munchkin, but man does she have energy. She finally winded down and headed to bed about 8:30pm, so I hope she sleeps in a little bit tomorrow morning :)

It was really nice to have a day for just the two of us. Emma did really well all day, there were no meltdowns at all, and she genuinely seemed to enjoy herself.

I would say it was a very successful girls day, although I think my bed may be calling my name...

No comments:

Post a Comment