Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Beautiful Fall Weather

Well, I have definitely not been blogging as frequently as I would like to. Emma keeps me pretty busy most evenings, and then I am just completely shot come about 9:30 pm, so it doesn't leave me much time for blogging. I will try to catch you up on what has been going on at the Nelson household.

Last week, I worked call a couple nights and worked all weekend, so I took full advantage of a couple days off I had during the week last week. Last Wednesday and Thursday were just beautiful fall days, so I spent the days outside with Emma, and they were amazing. On Wednesday, John had a photo shoot with a couple at a park, so Emma and I spent a good hour and a half playing on the playground and having fun. Thursday, I kept Emma home with me, and we had a really fun day. We went to the zoo, which was awesome because there was basically nobody else there. We spent the rest of the day just playing at home and hanging out.

I worked this last weekend, and my mom randomly decided to come visit for the weekend and help watch Emma since John has had a lot of photo shoots lately and photos to edit. John appreciated the help, and Mom really enjoyed her Emma time.

Saturday evening, we went out to eat at Old Chicago, and I got to spend some time with my mom. Otherwise I really didn't see much of anybody because I was stuck at work all weekend.

I finally had a day off today, and was planning on taking some time for myself and cleaning the house and such. Well, Emma decided to have a double ear infection. She was pretty miserable this morning, running temps, and saying her ears hurt, so I brought her to the doctor, and she has a pretty nasty ear infection going on. So, we spent a lot of today cuddling and watching Mickey Mouse. Now that she has some antibiotics and ibuprofen in her system, she seems to be doing ok. But definitely not her usual self. At least she is sick now, instead of next week with Halloween.

I also brought sick Emma to my OB appointment today. Everything went just fine with that. I am 33 weeks pregnant, and everything looks good. I am just not so patiently waiting for my due date to arrive. Emma was pretty good at the appointment, considering she wasn't feeling the greatest.

Today was gorgeous outside. I think it got up to about 73, sunny, and just a lovely fall day. So once Emma was feeling a little better, we spent some time outside and got some fresh air. It was very nice :)

So, that's what's new around here. We are just trucking along working, taking care of Emma, and eagerly anticipating the arrival of Baby Nelson #2. We have a ton of prep to do yet for baby's room, but I think it will be a few weeks before we even think about tackling that task. We may have to wait until it's a little colder outside first, so we don't feel so guilty staying indoors to work on the nursery.

Happy Fall!!!

Playing with the leaves at the zoo

The zoo :)

Emma checking out the giraffes



Fall :)


Story time with Mickey

Three generations :)

Climbing at the zoo

Sick Emma- with double ear infections

Feeling better

Short sleeves and capris at the end of October- I'll take it :)


No comments:

Post a Comment