Saturday, October 11, 2014

Catching up

Geez, here I am again. Eleven days into October, and this is my first blog post of the month. I don't know why, but this fall is rushing past me. Maybe I can blame it on being pregnant? Which is going just fine by the way. I am 32 weeks pregnant, and super ready to be done with it. My sleeping sucks, I pee constantly, and my feet and back hurt at the end of every work day. But other than that, things are going well, I'm just ready to meet this little guy or girl.

October has been a pretty good month so far. It has been a little chilly, it has actually gotten below freezing the last couple nights. Emma has been really good lately, and I just love the age she is at. She can count to 10, sing quite a bit of the ABCs, and she is into repeating everything that John and I say, which luckily hasn't been anything bad yet :)

We are also working hard on potty training right now. She has been wearing underwear the last couple days, and has been doing very well with it. We are still working on pooping in the potty though, so we have had some messy accidents in the underwear. But overall, I am really proud of how well Emma is doing, and I am getting excited to hopefully have her out of diapers in the near future

Bedtime is also getting better. She still throws quite a stink when we tell her it is time to go to bed, but once she realizes there is no getting out of it, she settles in. Typically, she wants me to put her to bed. I tuck her in with her blankie, sippy of water, and of course her Mickey Mouse. Sometimes we read a book together, other times I turn off the light, lay with her for 10-15 minutes, and then tell her goodnight and leave the room. Usually, we don't hear another peep out of her until around 7:00 the next morning. Not too bad of a bedtime routine, I'll take it!

We are also working on trying to get Emma to eat a bigger variety of foods. She is stuck on hot dogs, spaghetti, BBQ, waffles, bread, fruit snacks, applesauce, sometimes yogurt, and macaroni and cheese. She does eat some other foods, but these are her go-to foods. And she is terrible about eating fruits or veggies. So, this is a work in progress to say the least.

We have been trying to spend as much time outside and at the parks before the weather turns cold and we are stuck inside all winter. I love all the changing colors and the cooler weather that fall has to offer. And Emma still loves being outside, and it's a great way to wear her out!

Today, we went out to Jim and Barb's to visit. Emma had a blast collecting chicken eggs and just running around in all the open space. John helped his dad with a building project that they have going on with the County Line Nursery Store, we ate supper, and now we are back at home with Emma sleeping peacefully in her room.

So far it's been a great weekend, and tomorrow looks like it is supposed to be beautiful outside, so perhaps we will go visit another park and enjoy the great outdoors. Sorry it's been so long since I blogged, I will try to keep up a little better.

As always, here are some adorable Emma pictures to leave you with :D


Little chef Emma 

Selfie



Ready to fill her basket with chicken eggs





No comments:

Post a Comment