Sunday, November 23, 2014

Disney Jr Live and Minnesota Visitors :)

About a month ago, Jim and Barb bought tickets for a Disney Jr Live show at the Denny Sanford Premier Center. The plan was for them to take Emma, but Barb's dad, Percy, has been having some medical problems lately, so she didn't feel like she could leave the hospital and go to the show. So, Jim, Emma, and I made the trip.

It was a pretty fun show. We watched Sophia the First, and Jake the Pirate, and Minnie and Mickey made an appearance as well, so Emma was loving that. She did really well throughout the entire show, and it kept her attention for most of the two hours, which is saying a lot for a 2 year old.

I also bought her a spinning, light up toy that she had a blast playing with throughout the entire show. She was maybe a little bit too young to fully understand everything that was happening, but boy did she have a good time :)

Emma with her Mickey toy

The view from our seats

Minnie and  Mickey

Grandpa and Emma 

My parents and brother came to visit this weekend. With a busy harvest, and our inability to travel very far right now, it had been quite a while since we had seen my family. So, they were pretty excited to see Emma. 

Saturday was a nice lazy day at home for the first part of the day. Emma and Grandpa Jack read book. Emma and Grandma Patty baked some cookies. Ryan had fun tickling and chasing Emma around. We ate a big breakfast of pancakes and bacon, and just visited and caught up with each other. We also took advantage of all the extra help, and we put up our Christmas decorations. 

We eventually ventured out and did a little shopping and ate out at Ruby Tuesdays for supper. After that, we drove through Falls Park and enjoyed all the Christmas lights.  Emma really enjoyed this and kept saying "pretty lights". 

Today, we ate a brunch at Hy-Vee, went to church, and then did a little shopping and found some night stands for our bedroom as our Christmas presents from my mom and dad. I think we are going to really like them. After a little more visiting, it was time for them to head home. John did get his camera out right before they left, and we got some good shots Emma with my family. 

The weekend went by in a flash, but everyone had a really good time. Emma loved all the attention, and my family loved being able to see her and spend some time with her. My parents were really hoping I would have baby #2 while they were here, but alas, no such luck. I'm still pregnant, with no immediate end in sight. Sigh. 

Right now, Emma is napping away, and I am enjoying some quiet time after all the company. And I am hoping I have some big news to share later this week :)

Happy Thanksgiving Week Everyone :)

Baking cookies

Storytime 

Emma being Emma 

No more pictures, please

Emma admiring our Christmas Tree



Emma kissing her baby brother or sister

I love this little face

Mommy and Emma :D

We are feeling the Christmas spirit :D


No comments:

Post a Comment