Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Poppy.

About a week ago, we added a new member of the family. We got a cat, and per Emma's request she is orange (and white), a girl, and we named her Poppy (after her favorite Trolls movie character). 

Poppy is three years old, white and orange, and she is a domestic short hair. She is pretty playful, and she is ver patient with the kids. Both kids love to pick her up and get right in her face, and she pretty much puts up with it, and has yet to scratch a kid. We still have to spay her and declaw her, but overall she is doing really well. 

I never thought I would have a cat in my house, and so far it isn't too bad. I don't really like the cat hair all over the place, but I am learning to deal with it and use the lint rollers frequently. The litter box isn't too bad, but I don't like all the litter that gets drug out of the litter box, so we are still working on that. I also don't like Poppy in my bedroom because she is kind of pesty, and likes getting a lot of attention. 

Otherwise, things are going great. Emma loves her, and loves to pick her up, cuddle with her, and pet her. Elliott does okay with her, mostly Poppy just runs away from him. Occasionally, he does catch her and he carries her around, sometimes upside down, but she is pretty tolerable. Elliott also calls her "coffee" which is adorable. They are all pretty good friends. 

In a nutshell, things are going really well with Poppy, and we are glad we could rescue her from the Humane Society and give her a home!!

We also had a crazy week on top of adopting a cat. We went to a family gathering on Barb's side of the family on Sunday in Brookings, and then Emma had Soccer Bible Camp all week at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church. It was really fun, and Emma had a blast, but it kept us busy all week long. The kids were out of their routine all week. 

I also hit my first official homerun of my career on Tuesday night. It felt pretty awesome. I smoked it over the left field fence, back to the second row of trees back there, it was pretty amazing. 

So, yeah it was a crazy, busy week, but we all had a great time!!


At a summer block party, checking out the animals 


Bringing Poppy Home 

Elliott meeting Poppy 

Christmas Wish List 


Soccer Camp 





Elliott's first face painting 

Tie Dyeing 4th of July Shirts 



No comments:

Post a Comment