Friday, September 16, 2011

Sidewalk Arts Festival

This past Saturday, John and I attended the Sidewalk Arts Festival, held in downtown Sioux Falls. It was a gorgeous day, and we didn't have much for plans, so we decided to check it out. This is only a one day event, so there were a ton of people out and about checking out the booths.

There were about 225 booths in total stretched out over 3 blocks. There were also food vendors and some street entertainment going on. It was fun to walk around and see some interesting things. There was a lot of pottery, furniture, and pictures. John and I had fun looking (well, I had fun looking anyway) but nothing really caught our eye. We spent a good hour looking around and just ended up getting some Soup Mixes from "The Soup Lady from Nebraska". Apparently they are a big deal. We ate the chicken wild rice one last night, and it was rather delicious!

I guess that they have this event every year in downtown Sioux Falls, so I imagine we will check it out again in the future. It was fun and interesting, but the items are pretty expensive. However, I like to window shop, and I had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment