Sunday, February 8, 2015

Weekend Shenanigans

Another week has sped by in a flash. It is my last week of maternity leave, I go back to work a week from tomorrow. It is hard to believe it has almost been 12 weeks already. Time sure does fly. I am going to try my best to savor this last week, and enjoy my freedom and time with Elliott and Emma before I am stuck with a nurse's schedule again and stuck working evenings and weekends again.

This last week has been pretty uneventful. Emma and Elliott both have colds. Emma is very snotty and has a cough, which of course is the worst at night time. Elliott has quite a stuffy nose, especially when he wakes up in the morning, and he's got the goobery eyes, but overall he is doing just fine. So, sleep is a little messed up at our house due to the colds.

On Thursday, my co-workers were sweet enough to throw me a baby shower. So, Emma, Elliott, and I went into my work for lunch and stayed for a baby shower. Elliott got some very nice gifts, and Emma enjoyed all the attention. They were both very well behaved, which was nice since it was one of the first extended outings for me with them by myself. But it all went very well. It was nice to hang out and talk with my co-workers for a while was well. They were all pretty shocked with how big Elliott is, and how heavy he is to hold after such a short time.

Friday evening, John and I attended an art gallery show downtown Sioux Falls, and then we were going to go out to eat, but I got hit hard with some sort of stomach bug so we ended up going home and I was in bed by 7:30 pm. Not fun. And not exactly what we had planned for the evening.

Saturday was a day of recovery for me, since I still didn't feel the best. We all just mainly hung around home for the first part of the day. After naps all around, Emma and John went to the Kirby Science Center at the Washington Pavillion, and they had a good time getting out of the house. It was a gorgeous day, 45 degrees, so John brought some steaks home and we grilled them for supper. Yummy.

Today was a pretty typical Sunday. It was in the 40s again, which was amazing. We went to church, had a delicious brunch when we got home, and then got to kids down for their naps. While the kids slept, I made homemade Chicken noodle soup, and John made chili. We had a wonderful supper.

We also got out the paints for Emma, and she had a blast painting. And she didn't make nearly as huge of mess as I was expecting her to, so everyone was happy. We painting some pictures for Grandma and Grandpa Nelson since they just celebrated their birthdays. Emma really enjoyed the painting, I have a feeling she will be begging to do it again all week long.

Right now, John is patiently trying to get Emma to bed, she can be a little stinker about that sometimes. Plus, she will be really close to sleep, and then have a huge coughing fit that disrupts everything. Elliott is peacefully sleeping downstairs in his crib, and I am enjoying the Grammys. It's a pretty nice end to the week.

Also, on a separate note, Elliott almost laughed today. So, I have a feeling baby giggles aren't too far off in our future :) Yay!!

Bath art

Smiles 

Those cheeks :)

Snoozing in the swing

Painting project


No comments:

Post a Comment