Thursday, August 11, 2011

Sioux Empire Fair

It's that time of year again, fair time! I love going to county fairs. As a 4-H member, I grew up attending the Renville County Fair every year. Since I usually had a horse at the fair, attending the fair meant being there for three full days to clean out stalls and take care of the animals. So, anyway, I get excited for the fair.

Now that I live in Sioux Falls, I thought it would be a good year for me to try out the Sioux Empire Fair, which is located just a few blocks from our house. This year the fair allowed you to pay admission at the gate and then get into the grandstand for free. John and I went to the fair on Tuesday. We walked the grounds, and then of course had some amazing fair food.

At around 7:00 we went to the grandstands to get a good seat. Then, we got to watch an awesome show by Thompson Square and Jerrod Neimann. The show was a ton of fun, both groups were very entertaining and I knew most of the songs they played. Unfortunately, we didn't think to bring our camera along, so I don't have any pictures to share.

We left around 11, and Jerrod Neimann was still playing, so we listened to the last couple songs from our driveway. It was a long 12 hour shift the next day, but it was so worth it!

We listened to Ted Nugent from our driveway last night and tonight Tracy Lawrence and Steel Magnolia will be playing. Friday night Hinder is playing. So, for the next couple nights we have some good entertainment heading our way. Like I said, I love fair season :)



No comments:

Post a Comment