Friday, August 19, 2011

Turner County Fair

For the third year in a row, John and I hit up the Turner County Fair. The fair is located in Parker, where John grew up, so John has been going to this fair all his life. It reminds me of the Renville County Fair, the fair I grew up going to. They both have pretty boring commercial exhibits, the same old rides and food stands in the same places every year, and the same entertainment every year. However, we still attend every year just to see people and socialize with them.

This year we were only at the fair for a couple hours. We walked the grounds, ate with John's parents, and then headed back home, feeling that we had seen everything. Even though it wasn't super exciting, I still like going. There's nothing like going to a county fair in the middle of August to make it feel like summer time. John promised that maybe next year we could go to my not-so-exciting Renville County Fair. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment