Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween Sickness...

Well, for once it wasn't Emma that was sick, it was me...

I love Halloween, and I got sick on Halloween day and didn't feel better until yesterday (Sunday). I was miserable. I went home early from work, and then stayed home from work on Friday. I had the chills, sweats, aches, nausea, and one heck of a sore throat.

I missed out on all the Halloween festivities, and Emma had such a good time. Not fair. My sister, Rachel, came to town for a couple days for Halloween and John's parents came Halloween evening to spent time to Emma.

They took Emma trick-or-treating to a few houses and she did really well I guess. They said she would walk to the door, squeal and get all excited when seeing the other kids, and she would not let go of her trick-or-treating bag of candy, no matter what! I guess it was adorable, I wouldn't know, I was laying on a couch somewhere feeling like death.

I am so bummed I missed a Holiday with Emma. I already work so many Holidays and weekends and miss things that way, that it sucks entirely to miss them for being sick.

It was nice to have the extra help while I was sick though, I could focus on getting rest and getting better while Rachel watched Emma.

On Friday, Rachel watched Emma all day, and I went to the doctor, and they discovered I had strep throat. They didn't even give me a strep test, they could just tell by looking in my throat. My doctor said "That is one of the worst throats I have ever seen..." Great...

My parents came to town Friday afternoon for a visit since they hadn't seen Emma (or us) in a while. So, once again I had good babysitters while I spent most of the day in bed. They all went out to eat Friday evening while I went back to bed. I didn't really eat anything for the three days I felt like absolute crap, I think I lost about 3 pounds, but not a diet plan I would recommend...

Saturday I was still feeling crummy, the antibiotics hadn't kicked in yet, so it was another day of resting and not doing a whole lot. My mom helped clean the house while she was here and everyone helped watch and take care of Emma. I appreciated all the help while I was sick, but I wasn't a very good host, that's for sure.

I finally started feeling like a human being again on Sunday. We went out for lunch to PepperJax (I finally had an appetite again!!) and we walked around Scheels for a while too. It was nice to get out of the house after 3 days of being cooped up. We did just have a lazy Sunday after that in preparation for another week of work.

Man, I haven't had strep throat in years, and I forgot how much it sucks! And then I was paranoid because I did not want to give it Emma- so far so good on that one. I guess only time will tell. It was a bummer to miss a fun holiday, but at least I had the weekend to completely recover before going back to work.

Sorry for the lack of Halloween pictures, but I obviously didn't take any and apparently neither did John, so we have no photos of Halloween. How sad...

Hope everyone else had a super Halloween and stay healthy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment