Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Family-filled Weekend

This past weekend, my mom, dad, and brother came to visit. They arrived on Friday night, as usual, and we spent the evening just visiting a little and getting them settled in.

Saturday was kind of a lazy day, but it was nice to hang out with my family without feeling stressed with the hustle and bustle of life. We spent the morning just hanging out in the house, and then after Emma's nap we headed out on the town for a while.

While the rest of the family shopped, I went to a hair salon and got my hair colored, cut, and styled. It has been so long since I colored my hair, so it was fun to spruce my hair up a little. I had a great stylist too, so it was a fun (and expensive) visit.

After my family was done at the mall, Kohls, Target, and Hy-Vee we went and checked out Costco and then finished the shopping spree with Lone Star, a wonderful Steakhouse.

Emma has a cold (again!) so she was a little crabby and restless during our outing, so it was a little exhausting trying to keep track of her all day. She's just at that fun age where she does not want to sit still at all.

Once we got back home again, we put Emma to bed, and the rest of us played some Sheephead for a while and visited some more. It was a great day!

On Sunday, we skipped church due to Emma being kinda crabby again, and we went to a Verizon store because Dad wanted to buy an Ipad to use in the tractor for something or other, and they ended up get the Ipad and mom and dad each got Iphones as well. How crazy is that? My dad now has a newer phone than me-that's a weird feeling!

We ate some lunch at Hu Hot and then mom, dad, and Ryan headed back home. It was a fun weekend, and Ryan got to spend some quality time with Emma which was really nice (and cute :)

Bedtime Snuggles with Uncle Ryan

Checking everyone out at Hu Hot

Mmmm, Bib


Grandpa Jack helping Emma eat

No comments:

Post a Comment