Thursday, March 27, 2014

John's 28th Birthday :)

John turned 28 yesterday, wow-where does the time go? It's crazy to think I have known John since he was 19, and now he's closing in on 30.

We had a good time celebrating yesterday though. After work, I stopped by the grocery store for some grilling supplies, and found some sidewalk chalk for Emma to play with. It was about 60 degrees out, but very windy. Emma and I had fun running around outside and playing until John got home.









Emma also got her little red sled out of the garage and had me pull her around on it all over the grass, and she thought it was awesome. She kept asking for "more".

At around 6, John's parents and brother stopped by, and we grilled out for supper. Emma enjoyed all the company and attention, and just ran around like a crazy little toddler :) John's family hung around and visited for a while, and then it was time to put Emma to sleep, and they headed home.

It was a fun little birthday celebration and it's always nice to hang out with family.  It was so nice to have some warmer weather for a day as well. Today looks like 30s and some snow...boo.

So, my plans for today are to sit downstairs by the fireplace, catch up on some TV from this week, and catch up on some scrapbooking, I'm about 6 months behind. Afterwards, I will got pick Emma up from daycare and enjoy some bonding time and giggles.

Also, I hope to do some shopping and buy some things for Emma's easter basket. So excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment