Monday, March 10, 2014

Fun at the zoo :)

Emma and I ended up going to the zoo today, and we had a great time. Emma spent most of the time toddling around and splashing in all the puddles, but she did look at some of the animals as well. Her favorites were the monkeys, ducks, and the penguins.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous, it was a perfect day for a little visit to the zoo. We literally walked the entire thing, and Emma did a lot of the walking herself, so it took quite a while. I think we were there about 2.5 hours total.

Checking out the penguins

Emma's got her game face on

We had a great time at the zoo :)

Selfie in front of the monkeys

Conquering the zoo-one small step at a time

Emma being Emma 

Ready to be carried now...


After walking around outside, we explored the indoor museum for a while. Emma absolutely loved being able to run around on her own, without me steering her away from all the mud puddles like I was doing outside.



She only wanted to drive this about 12 times

That's a carload

Once I was pooped out from chasing Emma around for close to 3 hours, we headed home to make some supper. Once John got home we went outside again to enjoy a little bit more of the beautiful day before it was gone.

Right now, Emma is peacefully sleeping, John is at a Summit League Basketball game with his dad, and I have a Game of Thrones book in my lap and a glass of wine in my hand. It is the perfect end to a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment