Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year's Eve

Hard to believe another year to coming to an end, and boy has it been a doozie of a year. When I think back to last January, it's hard to believe how much everything has changed in just one year.

First of all, I wasn't even pregnant at the beginning of last year, and now I have had an entire pregnancy and welcomed a healthy, beautiful baby boy. He has been such a welcome addition to our little family, and we just love him to pieces. I look forward to all the milestones we will witness this next year and watching his personality develop.

Emma has grown so much in the last year, it's absolutely crazy! She is turning into such a little girl, with quite the personality. Her communication skills just keep expanding exponentially, and right now she is into repeating everything she hears, so we have to be very careful with what we say around her. She also is becoming very independent, she likes to dress herself (or at least try), and have a say in what she eats and does. This is both endearing, and frustrating. I think she is at such a fun age right now. I love all the crazy things she does and says. She is our energetic, feisty little girl whom we love so much! I can't wait to see her grow even more over the next year.  

I celebrated 5 years with McKennan this past summer. It is so hard for me to believe I have been out of school and working for 5 years already. I enjoy my work very much ( I actually kinda miss it right now) and the people I work with. It is very fulfilling work to help people, and I love it. The only thing I don't always appreciate are the hours and the insanity. I get pretty bad mom guilt when I have to put in 16 hour shifts, and don't get to see my kiddos all day. I hope to someday have a job with more regular hours, but for now I plan to continue in the PACU, helping those post-op patients.

It has been a great year, filled with much happiness and love. I expect 2015 to be great as well, but maybe just a little busier. John and I will celebrate 5 years of marriage this summer, which has just flown by. I'm so lucky to have met John and be able to share my life with him. He is such a great husband and daddy. Emma will turn 3 this summer-which is just impossible to believe. Time really does fly! And of course we will have Eli's first birthday to look forward to next November. There are so many great things awaiting us in 2015-we are truly blessed!

I hope everyone else can take a minute to appreciate all the great things in their lives!

Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!!!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment