Thursday, July 3, 2014

Fourth of July Festivities

It's 4th of July week! I love the holidays, and 4th of July is always a fun time. All the red, white, and blue, grilling, good food, good company, bean bags, parades, fireworks, and the list goes on. I always look forward to this fun holiday.

John's aunts from out of state, Jill and Peg, are in town for the holiday so we had them over last night for a grill-out. Peg has never met Emma and Jill has only met her once, so it was nice for them to be able to spend a little time with her, and us of course.

We had a nice evening visiting, eating some good food, and enjoying the beautiful weather. Emma was super-shy with the company to start with, but she eventually warmed up and had a blast with all the attention and new people to play with.

Emma and Great-Aunt Peg

Enjoying the evening, while Emma plays in the sandbox

Playing with Aunt Jill

Being the entertainment

Group Photo
It was a fun evening, and it was nice to catch up with everyone without being in a large group. Tomorrow, we are planning on a parade at 10:00 am and then heading out to the farm for 4th of July festivities. Should be fun!!

Today, John is at work, Emma is at daycare, and I am enjoying a little time to myself. I have loved all the family time this week, but it is so nice to have a little unwinding time to catch up on some things. I have blogging, cleaning, scrapbooking, and some baking on my agenda for today-then I will pick up Emma and enjoy some outdoor fun :)

Happy 4th of July!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment