Monday, July 28, 2014

Weekend Guests

This past weekend flew by pretty fast, and I even had to work it! I had Friday off, so I kept Emma at home with me all day. We had a fun little day just the two of us. In the morning, we played outside and just hung around the house. I took Emma to my OB appointment at 11:30, and she thought it was pretty cool to see the doctor taking care of mommy and "baby". It was fun. She got a little restless towards the end of the appointment, but she did really well overall.

After the doctor, she was starving. So we got some lunch at Hy-Vee and then went home for a power nap. During her nap, my parents arrived and Emma was thrilled to see them when she woke up.

I had to work all weekend, and John left for Canada on Sunday morning, so my parents came to town to babysit Emma for the weekend. My mom bought Emma a power scooter, that she has been having an absolute blast on that thing.

We spent the afternoon visiting and enjoying the nice weather outside and then we ate out at Ruby Tuesday's for supper. We finally got Emma to calm down and go to bed around 9:00 pm and the rest of us visited for a while before turning in.

On Saturday, I worked all day, but my parents, John, and Emma had a fun day. They played and played and played. They went to the peach festival. They did some grocery shopping, and just generally had a casual day. When I got home from work, I had a delicious supper waiting for me. My parents brought fresh peas from the field, fresh green beans, and they bought some sweet corn along the way. We had all that, plus steaks for supper, and it was amazing :)

I worked Sunday again, and John left super early for Canada, so my parents had Emma to themselves for the day. They went to church, went to brunch, went to a park, and just played their little hearts out. They had supper waiting for me again when I got home. My mom also shampooed carpets, did laundry, and made a casserole for us for tonight. My parents can come babysit anytime :)

So, John is in Canada for the week. I am a single mom, juggling a toddler, a pregnancy, work, and keeping this house in some sort of working order. So far so good. But, it's only been two days :) Emma has been good so far, she was a little crabby tonight, but overall behaving very well and not making my life too difficult. And I've been feeling pretty good as far as the pregnancy goes, so not problems there either.

Today was a good day. I got Emma to daycare and myself to work on time, so that was a good start. The work day flew by pretty quick, and then I picked Emma up and we headed to the park because it's absolutely gorgeous outside! Emma had fun. We had hot dish for supper (thanks mom!) and then played outside again for a while.

Right now, Emma is finally sleeping, after fighting it for a while. So, I thought I would catch up on some blogging while watching some Breaking Bad. I have tomorrow off, and haven't quite decided what I am doing. I need to get my oil changed, buy new shoes for work, and do some grocery shopping, so Emma may go to daycare for a few hours at least.

So, overall things are being handled just fine at home with just me and Emma and I look forward to some more fun adventures this week!!

Emma having fun in the Inflatables at the Peach Festival 

Me and my buddy :D

Having fun at the park 



No comments:

Post a Comment