Sunday, July 6, 2014

The Avett Brothers


About a month ago, John found out that the Avett Brothers were going to be playing at Saturday in the Park in Sioux City, Iowa. John has been an Avett Brothers fan for years, and he got me into them probably about 5 years ago. I really like them too, and know a lot of their songs, so we thought, what the heck, we should go.

Saturday in the park is a free event, so basically all we had to do was show up with lawn chairs and we were able to see a really good show-for free!

We dropped off Emma at Jim and Barb's in mid-afternoon, and then we did some things around the house and left around 6pm. There were so many people at the park, it was ridiculous. It was a fun, energetic crowd, and the show was really lively as well.

The weather could not have been any better either. So, basically we had a really good time. The Avett Brother's did not disappoint us. We stayed for the entire show, and the fireworks at the end. It was a nice little adult date :)

We got home around 12:30 am, and Emma spent the night out at Jim and Barb's since we knew it would be a late night. So, right now, she is still out at the farm, and the house seems really quiet and empty. I miss my little girl.

However, John and I have a list of to-dos to get done before she comes back home. It's 100x easier to clean the house and do some of these tasks without a toddler following behind making messes again or whining for attention. So, I better go get workin'.

My vacation officially ends tomorrow, but it was a great 10 days and I look forward to a little bit of a routine again. So maybe work isn't so bad... :)

John and I at the Avett Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment