Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Mommy and Emma's Fun Day :D

Well, I logged 16, 000 steps today on my fit bit, needless to say, it was sorta a busy day. Emma didn't wake me up until 7:30, so that was very nice! I quickly got myself and her ready, and I dropped her off at daycare by 8:00 am for breakfast.

I headed over to Sioux Falls Ford for an oil change, and of-course they discovered like 4 other things that needed to be done, so my $30 oil change turned into a $400 transaction. Fun times. And of course it took them like 3 hours to do all the work, so I walked over to the Empire Mall and did some shopping.

I found some new shoes for work and got a much-needed haircut and eyebrow wax. And then I spent a lot of time just walking around the mall and killing time. After my vehicle was finally ready, I went and picked up Emma and we headed to the zoo.

It was such a beautiful day today. It was sunny, calm, and about 78 degrees for the high, with very little humidity. It was a perfect day for a stroll through the zoo. Emma enjoyed it too. She rode in the wagon for a lot of the zoo, and she had fun just running around and looking at things.

After the zoo, Emma was hungry so we stopped at Burger King and split a meal. Emma mainly ate french fries, but I got her to eat at least a little chicken.

Finally, I brought her to Kids Night in the Park at McKennan Park. Basically, the Sioux Falls Park Department has games and inflatables along with prizes and candy for all the kids. They also had a kids band for entertainment. It was pretty fun. We were there pretty early and beat the crowd, and Emma had fun playing games-of course they were her own way and she didn't always understand the concept. But she loved the candy, and the prizes :) We did a few inflatables as well, but they got really crowded really fast so it didn't last long.

After about an hour, the crowds of kids and parents became too much for us, so we headed home. What a beautiful evening it was to spend in the park!!

We got home about 7:00 pm, and spent the next hour and a half with bath time and unwinding from the day. Emma finally sacked out at about 8:30, and I am not far away from sleeping either. I did a lot of walking and carrying around a toddler, I am beat. But I had a great day with Emma and couldn't ask for anything better than that :)

Checking out the penguins (again)

Wagon ride at the zoo

Yelling at the brown bear to "wake up"

Car rides with mommy

"Thrilled" to be at the park

Emma's painting of a heart

Bath time 

Playing Bathketball 

No comments:

Post a Comment